The AILERON-TRX Expandable Posterior Fusion System responds to the patient’s and surgeon’s need for a simple, reliable, and less invasive system with minimal exposure and dissection. The in-situ expandable core offers patient matched expansion ensuring an ideal fit for every patient anatomy and pathology.
This less invasive technique requires a small incision in the back which results in minimal tissue disruption and trauma. The potential benefits of minimally invasive technique versus traditional surgery include a faster recovery, reduction in pain, and smaller scars. The Aileron implant is placed between the spinous processes for an indirect decompression to relieve the pressure on the cord and exiting nerve roots.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- In-Situ Expandable Core – Provides a custom fit for every patient
- Bullet Tip – Simplifies insertion
- Multiple Implant Lengths – Accommodate a variety of patient anatomies
- Top Rail Design – Increases ease of plate insertion over core and provides optimal anterior implant placement
- IMPLANTS- The AILERON implant ranges in size from 5mm to 18mm.
- Aggressive Fixation Spike – Allows for increased stability and security